Saturday, November 16, 2013

 

My most embarrassing Christmas moment

I was asked to write and submit a piece today about my most embarrassing Christmas moment. They submission had to be true. This is what I came up with:

DECEMBER 31, 1977:
Dear Diary:
Today had to be one of the most embarrassing days of my life.  We went to my mother's family Christmas dinner in Springfield.  My cousin Leslie, who is also 12 years old and fairly strong for a girl, challenged me to an arm wrestling match. So, in the middle of the main room of this house, with about 20 of my relatives watching, we both laid down on the floor like two great arm-wrestling gladiators.

Amid the laughter in the room, we both kept serious faces and locked our eyes on each other. We firmly gripped our right hands and my brother held our wrists before giving the official start command.  I, of course, thought it would be an easy win; however, I soon found myself straining and losing.  After about 15 seconds Leslie put my hand down on the ground.

People remember Christmas days for various reasons, but I will remember this year’s Christmas as the day when, in front of all my relatives, I was been beaten in arm wrestling by a girl!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?